Friday, July 9, 2010

I arrived in France


See slides for this entry on Picassa: Click here to link to them.

An early trip to the airport and a long day of travel landed me in Paris. I have a number of slides showing the flight to Calgary and over Greenland to France. Just graduated student, Emily Bridge, and he mother, Heather, were on the flight, so we made our way from Roissy - Charles DeGaulle airport into the city together.

Arriving too early to check into the hotel, I stored my luggage and headed out to see the basilica of St. Denis,l finding that it was also the local market day. Slides show the first Gothic church, built by Abbott Suger, along with its royal tombs -- from early medieval kings to the last king and his wife.

The remainder of the slides show the area around the hotel -- the All Seasons Gare de l'Est.





No comments:

Post a Comment